Sunday 20 June 2021

My Birthday

No card to show today but a small observation, today I turn 51 without ever having the opportunity to celebrate being 50. 2020 was supposed to be my year, the year of parties, trips and fun with family and friends and instead it was a year filled with disappointments, fear and isolation. I am not complaining, far from it for I feel very fortunate to still be here and to have not had to endure the effects of the virus and also to be fully vaccinated and feel like the world is getting back on track but it is hard to not mourn the lost hugs and time with loved ones. All I can say now is that I hope we can all make up for lost time and see where the rest of 2021 takes us.

2 comments:

Kim Moorehouse said...

Happy belated birthday!

Kim Moorehouse said...

Happy belated birthday!