Thursday 25 February 2021

Making cards stripes

This card came about during a chat with a non crafty friend, I was showing her a card and she asked if it was for her daughter as it was very her and I thought maybe I should just get on and make her the same card. I did say I have made a lot of stripy cards and she made a very valid point she asked “have you enjoyed making them” I said “yes” and she said “what’s the issue then, the people you are making them for don’t know you’ve made 20 of that design, they just think she made me a card”. Her words gave me a different perspective and renewed my enthusiasm for making, that’s the danger sometimes with this hobby you forget that it’s about the recipient and not about the latest technique or stamp, not that I don’t want the latest stamp or to use that new technique but it should be organic not forced. 


Ingredients

Image: making cards magazine

Stripes: morning mist versafine clair and peacock feathers distress ink

Dies: Blueprints 29 from MFT 

1 comment:

Kathyk said...

Your pal makes a great point and I am so glad it renewed your interest as this is such a fab card in just the two colours - cracking job

Happy Thursday

Kathyk