Wednesday 9 March 2011

My first ever sympathy card

Hello Everyone, I am sorry I have been absent from the blogging world, after being off with a virus I am back to work fulltime and am absolutely shattered when I get home lol. I seem to have lost my mojo which is a problem as I have several cards all needed before next week.

Anyway onto the card, its the first time I have made a sympathy card and hopefully the last, my good friend in work lost a member of her family and she wanted to be able to add her own words inside so she asked if I would make her a card. I used a lovely calla lilly image from digi doodles such a great image to colour, I kept the colouring lighter and less defined than normal as this is a card for a sad occasion.I used pink petticoat silver washed damask for the cross to give it a bit of pattern and paper pieced the flowers over it .I used pink petticoat silver washed damask for the cross to give it a bit of pattern and paper pieced the flowers over it .

Not much else to say really, bit of embossing and silver card and it was finished, I hope she likes it.



Ingredients
Image: "Calla lillies" Digi Doodles
Paper: Pink Petticoat " washed silver damask"

1 comment:

coops said...

beautiful card amanda for such a sad time.

xx coops xx