Tuesday 26 June 2012

Snippet card


I am definitely finding the reorganisation of my snippet draw a benefit, I found all the items for this card in there. My craft room is a mess at the moment though as I try to sort it into a working space as I have stuff all over the
place and have never really organised it properly. I bought one of those rolling carts  and although I thought I only had a few 12 x 12 packs I have managed to fill all 10 draws and couldn't fit another pad in. I found the
pads all over the place and in some quite unusual places too so it will be nice to be able to actually see what I have and maybe it will stop me buying more...unlikely but you never know.

So onto the card, I have used a fab stamp, perfect for paper piecing too, from MFT called "Geek Guy", as soon as I saw this I knew I had to get it as so many of my family are into their computers I knew I would get lots of use out of it.

I have used a new, well to me anyway, piece of equipment on this card, as I have been laid up with my knee I have been watching lots of you tube and a few presenters in particular. Amy R uses a Stampin Up Mat Stack to position her brads and I had to have one, placed an order with Jules and it arrived really quickly and it has already been put to use.

Ingredients
Image : "Geek Guy" MFT stamps
Sentiment: "Big Greeting" MFT Stamps
Papers: "Cozy Sweater" Shabby Shoppe (all in the snippet draw with enough left for another card too...shocking)
Cardstock: Snippet Draw
Brads: Stash
Tools: Stampin up Mat Stack, MFt Flagstak dies

Challenges: Snippet Playground

10 comments:

coops said...

brillinat card amanda.really fab design and i love the stunning image :D

xx coops xx

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

It is lovely getting the craft space organised isn't it? It certainly makes for easier crafting.

This is a great card with a brilliant layout .. .. great for using up those snippets!

Love Jules xx

Mrs A. said...

Craft, space, orgainized. Do those 3 words go together then?!!!!!!
That must be where I'm going wrong.
Great stamp for a man's card. hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

Well, you know I love all things organizational! But more than that, I love your card and I MUST have that sentiment! Brilliant!

You've done a great job with the paper piecing and you should enter this in the Less is More challenge this week! (simplylessismore.blogspot.com)

Thank you for your visits and all the sweet comments you've left! Please join me as a follower, if you like.

Hope the knee recovers soon!

kay said...

hi amanda,pleased you liked seeing your photo on my blog :)
well thought you were going to show us yours.....lol
fab card,x

Di said...

Fantastic card Amanda! MTF do some brilliant images suitable for paper piecing, 'Window Shopping' is one for the ladies.

This is absolutely perfect for a fella and great paper piecing too! Di xx

Sarn said...

SUPER paper piecing snippets card! LOVE it.

Wanna a Nutella sandwich? I'm dishing them out in the playground this week. And Rach has chocolate cake xxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Amanda thanks so very much for popping over to my blog and all the lovely comments you left - you made my day, all need encouragement huh.. ad will join your blog as an encouragement too had to smile at your saying how many papers you had am trying to sort out tow rooms so once and for all can have an official craft room - and looking forward to it - v;e the computer card too very clever thanks for sharing and off to peek at Jules place too with the link you put on post. Shaz in Oz.x

Sally H said...

A gorgeous snippet card! Love it

Hettie said...

Great card there and such a tricky subject that - men!
You have my deepest sympathy with your knee problem. I had mine operated on last year and on Saturday I managed to twist it - big owch. It appears to be non-lasting as it isn't hurting so much today.
Thanks for becoming a follower. I hope I meet up to your expectations!
Hugs
xx