Monday 1 June 2015

Dirt Bike Mike

I used an older image from Kenny K for this card, its one I've had for a while but I have been a bit afraid to colour it in as I knew it would be lots of greys. I used almost all the grey families to try to give the different areas different hues/warmth and try to give the image some areas of separation, hopefully you can see that in the picture. It was a much more fun image to colour than I expected although probably not one I will colour again for a while.

As its a guy card I wanted the rest to be pretty plain and simple, I find the rule of thumb with guy cards is less is more. The sentiment die is a bit crooked but hopefully it doesn't notice too badly. 



Ingredients
Image: "dirt bike Mike" Kenny K
Card: "real red" and "pacific blue" both Stampin Up
Dies: Blueprints 3 and 14 both MFT
Sentiment: "wet paint" dies Papertrey Ink and "happy birthday" clearly besotted
Enamel dots: dollar tree

Copics
Helmet - B26, 24, 23, 21, E09, R08, 05
Suit - T9, 7, 5, 4, 2
Bike - R89, 39, Y32, N1, 2, 3, 4, 5, W7, 5, 3


1 comment:

kay said...

You should have kept quiet about the sentiment as looks ok to me :-)
Love the colouring of image x