Monday 30 March 2020

Magical Unicorn Number 1

So far in my blog posts I haven't mentioned the current pandemic and the effect its having on everyone, the reason for this isn't that I am heartless but rather I want this blog to be a cheerful place and at the moment its an outlet for my creative side and that is certainly helping my anxiety levels.

My heart goes out to all who are suffering, have died, are lonely, feel helpless and who desperately need a hug. I am also very grateful for all the nurses, doctors, cleaners, rubbish collectors, drivers, chemists, carers, store clerks and generally everyone who is keeping the country running whilst the rest of us are hunkered down.

After all that it feels wrong to talk about a card but ultimately thats what this blog is for and i am so thankful for this hobby.


This year I have batch made the cards for the 7 year old, I can't believe I am writing that they are seven....where has the time gone.

This card evolved a life of its own and surprisingly I didn't purchase anything new to make it...I am as surprised as you are lol.

I was inspired by the unicorn set from Birdie Brown at MFT and was going to purchase it when I remembered I had this image as a digi from CC Designs. Side note : I wish they still did digi stamps as it was so much easier to get hold of them.

Ok back to the card during the release the design team had used the BB image with the cloud stencil a lot and this idea sprung to my mind, I went uber rainbow with it though and it might be a little bright lol. The colouring was inspired by the original unicorn lucy release and how the cc design team had coloured her.

I do wish I had made the unicorn ears white rather than match the hair colour but I am sure the recipients will never notice that.


Ingredients
Image: "unicorn lucy" from CC designs
Sentiment: "magical unicorn" from Crafters Companion
Dies: Scalloped frame from Gina Marie Designs and number from hobby lobby
Clouds: mini cloud stencil from MFT stamps and tumbled glass, cracked pistachio, worn lipstick, squeezed lemonade, shaded lilac and twisted citroen distress oxide inks

Copics
Skin - E13, 11, 00, 95
Hair - E59, 37, 35
Clothes - RV04, 02, 23, BV04, 02, 01, 00, B02, 01, 00, 0000, YG03, 01, 00, Y08, 06, 04, BG15, 13, 11

No comments: