Tuesday 12 December 2023

Distress oxide spray for the win

I have been using my Cricut more and more and since I joined a monthly in person craft group where we use our machines I have been inspired to make even more things. 

I wanted a bauble for the images to sit on and my first thought was my cricut, I designed the bauble myself and even added the snow layers. Even the sentiment was created in design space, I do like the print and cut option but I wish it was more of a true black.

I wanted the background to look like it was part of the Christmas tree so I used distress oxide spray in rustic wilderness. I made about 60 backgrounds and used the entire bottle, I even managed to drip the spray all over my cream kitchen chairs….thank heavens it is water soluble and it came out without leaving a mark. Originally I was embossing the background with a spellbinders folder but I soon realised once the spray was added you couldn’t tell it was embossed so I dropped that stage.

I loved the sprays and couldn’t believe how easy and quick they were. I would recommend a plastic box to spray them in as the cardboard I used become very saturated and I think that is what caused the drip onto the chair. I have bought another bottle of the rustic wilderness and I might have to get more colours too.









1 comment:

Kathyk said...

Cracking selection of makes it is too

Happy Tuesday

Kathyk