Friday 13 April 2018

Silhouette Cards a la Jennifer McGuire Version 1

Quite a while ago Jennifer McGuire showed a technique where she used outline stamps to create silhouettes and I was intrigued. I thought about making the cards when I saw the video but other more urgent makes got in the way so it has taken over six months to get around to this and I am disappointed in myself as it is such a quick, easy and effective design to replicate.

I blended the inks before stamping the images, in hindsight I should have stamped them first like JM did but I thought it looked more work lol. Once I stamped the images in versa fine I waited until the ink was dry then coloured with a sharpie, it took three coats over the inks and its not perfect but it still looks good.

I will definitely be doing this again, in fact I might try it with images that aren't flowers lol.



Ingredients
Image: "take good care" Clearly Besotted
Sentiment: "sweet little sentiments" Clearly Besotted
Inks: "wilted violet" and "picked raspberry" distress oxides
Dies: A2 stitched rectangle stax from MFT
Card: "purple" Limetree

No comments: