Monday 31 December 2018

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday Kay

Today is my good friend Kay's birthday and as she loves spiders I had an idea of the card I wanted to make. I watched an Amy Rysavy video where she used Studio Katia products to create a web shaker card and I knew straight away what I wanted to create, however there are no studio katia suppliers in the UK and the postage and customs would be astronomical so I thought how can I recreate without those specific items. This was how back at the start of my card making journey I would make stuff, I never had the correct/exact item so I would improvise and I enjoyed it so I thought revisit that period and see what happens.

Of course I had no spider web dies but I knew someone who did and I asked if I could cut it, I used black glitter card for the web and normal black card for the background and my initial idea was to use the one as a stencil but that went out of the window when I saw how thin the lines were.

It doesn't look anything like Amy's but I think it works and I am oddly pleased with it.

Last things to do is wish Kay a very happy birthday x

Ingredients
Image: "creepy Crawlies" Robertos Rascals from CC designs
Dies: Sizzix Spider Web
Card: "glitter pad" from the Works and "cranberry" from Michaels
Sequins: "sparkling clear" and "charcoal" from pretty pink posh, 'red" dollar tree and "silver stars" Studio Katia

No comments: