Thursday 20 June 2013

Dandelion Wishes

This is one of the free stamps from my MFT workshop, as soon as I saw her I wanted to paper piece her dress.

I used some cosmo cricket papers from jessica sprague, she stopped stocking them a while ago but am so glad I managed to get them, irl they look like stitching.

I was going to use my airbrush for the background but my desk was such a mess that if I had stopped to clear a space I would never have gotten the card made in time for the birthday lol. I used the two smallest cloud dies and it came out better than I expected.

If you look closely you will also see a flower, not my normal thing but I can see me using it again, next time though I will use cardstock as I think it folds better and holds shape better than paper.


Ingredients
Image: Pure Innocence by MFT Stamps
Cardstock: "Kraft" Recollections
Sentiment: Same set as image
Papers: "Honey Pie" Cosmo Cricket (from Jessica Sprague but no longer available...sorry)
Flower: "Blueprints 3" MFT stamps
Button: Stash
Cord: "hemp cord" MFT stamps
Background: " peeled paint, mowed lawn, tumbled glass, broken china" Distress inks
Cloud die: "cloud stackables" MFT stamps

5 comments:

Di said...

Hi Amanda

This is adorable! LOVE the sky, sweet image and of course the papers are perfect, with the lovely flower. Still very much your style.

BTW, some (perhaps not all) CC Honey Pie papers can still be found at Jayrewcraft in the UK and I think they're 25% off. Ask me how I know this, sigh.

Hugs, Di xx

Michelle Short said...

Beautiful card Amanda, I love how you have paper pieced her dress xx

kay said...

Well Amanda birthday or not you need to clean that desk!
P.S.your card is fab x

coops said...

so gorgeous Amanda.adorable image and I love your pretty papers :D

xx coops xx

Hettie said...

Very pretty card there Amanda.
xx