Wednesday 22 April 2015

Butterfly Silhouette

I never used to buy many stamping/papercraft magazines but since I discovered I could buy many issues for such good value I seem to be addicted. I am however sticking to my use before you put away scheme so this is another card made when the stamps first arrived, actually I emailed my friend who also gets this magazine and told her I had made a card and hers hadn't arrived yet. Now before you think well they could have arrived days apart I got mine at 11am, hers arrived at 1pm.

The size of the stamps suggested square card to me so I went with my old favourite card size and style, it does feel like ages since I made a square card. 

I love the silhouette stamping look that I see around blogland but Ive never really attempted it before. I do need more practice but I'm happy with the outcome on this card.

I stamped all the images with versa fine and allowed it a bit of time to dry before I inked with my distress inks, I used, peeled paint, faded jeans, tumbled glass and broken china. I did manage to get a tiny mark on the background and I used a pergamano butterfly stamp to cover it up, i had to colour the stamp in as it was an outline one but I don't think you would have noticed if I hadn't pointed it out. I did mask the butterfly before inking and had originally intended colouring with my copics but decided to use my distress inks instead, I simply picked up the colour with my "fantastix" and coloured direct, this was even easier than I thought it would be. 


Ingredients
Image: Sheena douglas free set and "fairies 2" pergamano
Dies: Blueprints 3 and 14
Inks: seedless preserves, picked raspberry, tumbled glass, faded jeans, broken china, peeled paint

No comments: