Saturday 19 December 2020

Winter Windows

I saw a card on Michelle Short's blog and I knew I wanted to make something similar. Michelle used a stencil and cut the window panels by hand but I thought I would use my cricut maker and make a version I could cut multiple times to create dimension. Each card has three layers and the acetate is sandwiched between the layers to look like glass, now I could have created shaker cards but I didn't want to hide the images.

I used oxide inks to create a night sky then used the mini cloud stencil to add clouds in the same colours of ink over the top, this idea was my Hubbie's and I will agree its very effective. 

Once I had made one I was on a roll and created four in one evening. You might think the cat ones are the same card but they aren't I have two friends with cats (one grey and one black) and I hope I mimicked those here.

The sentiments were created on my computer as I wanted the look of white heat embossing on black but I didn't have any sentiments the right size or with the right words, I must remember to do this more often as its very easy and effective.

Those wondering what "nadolig llawen" means its merry christmas in Welsh.






No comments: