Sunday 8 July 2012

Happy Birthday to Me....Well last month it was...

Well it was my birthday a while ago and I forgot to post this.

I turned 21.... plus some vat but not going to say how much....I had so many cards from my lovely friends, this is the first birthday I have received handmade cards and I treasure each one.

I think I shocked a few people when I revealed that I make my own card from my hubbie, before you gasp let me explain my reasons.

1. He already thinks each card costs £50 to make
2. I get to buy stuff I woudn't normally get myself
3. I get to charge him £50 or sometimes £60 for my masterpiece
4. I never let him write in it so it is good to go for someone else lol

So here is my card to myself, I used this gorgeous image as I loved my dollshouse growing up and it was a bargain...shhh don't tell hubbie but it was 65p for six different ones...I love a bargain.


Ingredients
Image: "Alice loves Dollies" The Clip Art Fairy
Papers: "Time for Tea" Nit Wit Collections
Cardstock: "Sno Cone" MFT Stamps
Sentiment: Digistamp Boutique
Brads: Papermania and no idea where the star was from







2 comments:

kay said...

amanda you are so sneaky,poor hubby lol,its a fab card though,x

Hettie said...

That is priceless! Making your own card and charging your Hubby for it! I wonder if it would work if I tried it?
So are we both Geminis then? Mine was last month too, hence my trip to London!
Happy Birthday June Baby!
xx