Wednesday 4 July 2012

WOYWW - Week 161

Hello everyone, it has been a while since I have played along with WOYWW the brain child of the lovely Julia where we all get to snoop at others crafty spaces. I tried to play along last week when the lovely Kay showed the picture of us crafting together but alas work got in the way so this week I am here an ready to show you what I have been up to.

I had a bad fall and was unable to get around so decided to give the craft room a bit of a sort out, I am probably like others and moved into a room / sort of took over a room without really thinking about how it would work. I sorted my scrap draw into a workable order, I have built two storage units and now can find items easily. and although I will never be a tidy crafter I do at least have a place for everything even if I don't put it back there. For the first time I have more storage than I can fill, yeah room for more goodies.


So the first picture is of my workdesk, I have some images that I am colouring and my copic colour chart, I have a full size one but I carry this around with me just in case I find a shop that sells them then I won't duplicate them again lol. The denim is from my copic class and i have been playing with textures.


A picture of some of my new storage, this is toy wall storage from Ikea and although the boxes are fairly small they hold a fair amount. I have one set that is empty...i know how did that happen and I am still deciding what to fill them with. I don't think I have shown this area before and I have my three gorjuss prints on this wall, hubbie wanted to put the storage lower down but I didn't want to lose my pictures.


Almost the last picture this is another new purchase from Costco this time, when I picked it up I confidently told hubbie that I would fill three with 12 x 12 paper and the rest would be for stamps....yes you guessed it the whole thing is chocked full of 12 x 12 card and paper and if i had the room I would get another one.


And finally I thought I would show a piccie of my new toy, Hubbie bought me the small compressor and copic airbrush for my birthday, I was totally spoilt and although I have been making cards for a long time this is the first birthday I have received handmade cards and I will cherish each and every one as they are all gorgeous, thank you ladies.

Well that is all from me after my mammoth post I hope you are still there.
Until next time TTFN

24 comments:

Neil said...

Hi there. Nice to pop in and see your creative world this week. I won't stay long; don't want to give you my cold! Hope you have a good creative week though. With all that lovely storage and place to work it will be a pleasure I'm sure.
Neil # 33

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Amanda, hope you soon are on mend, thanks so much for popping over and for sharing your crafty place!
Ah wont be much renovating going on at my place but will be orqanising am on no spend budget so having to crib things but room does have built ins which one side is sued already with craft items so that helps.. now love your storage for papers love to have it downunder actually! :D Shaz in oz.x #73

KatzElbows said...

I'm sorry you had a fall, but if it led to your fab craft room then it was kind of a good thing! Great space and you've given me a few ideas for organising mine.

cheers, rachel #53

Neet said...

Hope you are recovering from that nasty fall. Wishing you better soon.
Thanks for the lovely trip around your newly organised room - love that storage wall with the prints on and what a lucky lady you are with that fab birthday present.
Hugs and thanks for visiting me - Neet #3 xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

The storage looks great!! Have fun with your new toy!! Trace x 52

Di said...

Hi Amanda - lovely craft space there. I adore the Gorjuss girls prints :) And, how long until you fill the empty box huh? Not long I suspect! Di xx #5

Bernice said...

How great to have extra storage space - its always a good excuse to go out and buy lots of lovely stash!
Bernice

Unknown said...

Morning Amanda Thanks for the lovely tour of you crafting space. Fab job! Good Idea to build in expansion room! The air brush looks like fun. WOYWW Hugs Helen 64

Unknown said...

Morning Amanda Thanks for the lovely tour of you crafting space. Fab job! Good Idea to build in expansion room! The air brush looks like fun. WOYWW Hugs Helen 64

MrsC.x said...

hope that you are feeling better i LOVE you space so guna pinch my girls toy storage for when my hubby finishes building my room :)
TFS Happy WOYWW xx Charlie.xx #72

kay said...

Hi Amanda, loving your pics of your craft room, looks good and what s brill pressie of hubby. I haven't joined in this week as not been well so my desk is bare. See you at the next meet,x

Darnell said...

Hi Amanda,

It was a lovely tour about your craft space. Thank you for sharing! I'm sorry to hear you had a bad fall and I hope your summer is better. Just kidding! Seriously, I'm so sorry. I hope you didn't fall getting up on a ladder to reach those IKEA storage bins!! You take care! Darnell #35

Tammy said...

Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you are on the mend! Great photos of your space. It's amazing what a few strategic pieces of furniture can do to improve the flow. Happy WOYWW! Tammy #106

Joynana said...

So sorry about your fall, hope that you are getting better. I love your space, there is so much of it. #17

Elizabeth said...

Hi Amanda, great post, I really enjoyed seeing how you've reorganised your craft space. Don't think it will take you too long to fill those empty containers though :)) Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #85

BJ said...

How on earth do you reach the storage? I'd need a step ladder! BJ#18 Vertically Challenged - LOL

Annie said...

What a fab crafty space you've got there. Hope you recover well from your fall too.
Hugs,
A x #66

Hettie said...

Don't worry Amanda, you will soon fill your empty boxes! We all do/have done!
I am envious of you for your airbrush. It is nice to see someone else who likes copics though thanks to Di I know have pro markers too so they can compliment each other. Alot of places don't stock copics.
I am also glad I am not the only one who goes around with lists of colours. I have a lickle tiny book with all my DIs etc in as I know I will buy ones I like forgetting I already have it. I learnt that from x-stitch days. I will put them on my phone soon for those times when I find somewhere unexpected!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your fall Amanda but it struck as odd that you would put the shelves so high up on the wall! Hope you don't have any accidents grabbing something out of one of the cubbies. Great to see all your room and storage it looks very tidy, by the sounds of it you had a great birthday too!

Hugs
Brenda 7

Ann B said...

Thanks for the craft room tour - looks a very spacious room. Hope you didn't do any serious damage with your fall and the bruises disappear - either that or you can decorate them.
Thanks for popping by yesterday - much appreciated.
Ann B
#65

Mary J said...

I hope you are okay now honey! and what a neat space - my craftroom is such a mess!

Thanks for sharing!

scrappymo! said...

What a fabulous birthday present! you lucky girl!

Your room looks so organized... that ikea shelf is perfect.

Bridget Larsen said...

Love your storage and craft area, very neat and full of lovely goodies
Bridget #6

Hazel said...

Sorry to hear about the fall, but loving all the organisation. Thanks for a peep at your workspace. Hope you have a good week - Hazel, WOYWW #124 x