Thursday 26 January 2017

Happy Birthday to You

This card was inspired by Michelle Short, I have wanted the die and to recreate this card for ages so it was lovely to be able to achieve it finally.

Things I would do differently next time.... well I  wouldn't cut the funky foam panel with the letter die, it stretched the foam and they don't quite match up although you would have to look fairly closely. I also wouldn't use mono multi glue as I got it everywhere and my fingers seemed to be sticky for hours. Having said all that I would still make this design again, its very simple but effective especially for guy cards.

When I photographed this card I noticed that the die isn't straight with the geometric pattern and its sending my ocd into overdrive, however in real life it is not noticeable at all, strange how the camera magnifies stuff.



Ingredients
Sentiment: "happy birthday to you" die from mft stamps
Stamp: "geometric grid" Simon Says Stamp
Distress Inks: blueprint sketch, mermaid lagoon, twisted citroen
Dies: Blueprints 13 from mft stamps
Dots: Eyelet Outlet

No comments: