Thursday 25 October 2018

Spotlight Technique

I was trying to make life easier and make two cards with one pass but life never quite works out that way. I have used the spotlight technique before but only normally with one area either coloured or greyscale. On a recent visit to Snazzy's I saw that she had taken a single image and stamped it twice, coloured one version and left the other as line art then cut the same areas out of each and transposed them. It was so effective I wondered why I had never tried it so I decided I would as soon as I got home.

She used a large floral from Penny Black but I don't have that so I thought I have loads of floral images from Just Inklined so why not use one of those. I was originally going to just print it twice and colour one when I saw I also had the pre-coloured version. I thought oh I can make this so much quicker now, famous last words lol. Of course the images are almost identical in size maybe a few mm off but enough to make this a much more difficult job than just colouring it myself would have been, but lesson learned lol.

I popped the circles on one and inset them on the other, not sure which I prefer but I would definitely try this again but I would colour the image myself lol.


 


Ingredients
Images: "crocus jug" Just Inklined and coloured version from La Pashe CD
Sentiment: "" Clearly Besotted
Dies: "a2 stitched rectangle" MFT
Card: "dark charcoal" recollections at Michaels

No comments: