Wednesday 3 October 2018

Swiss Army Knife

I am not normally pleased with the cards I make, I kind of like them and I don't hate them but pleased is just a little too far lol, this card is the exception to the rule. It turned out better....yes I said better...than I hoped it would. It didn't go to plan and I had to adapt along the way but that just means it's different to how I envisaged it and in this case that's a good thing lol.

I was experimenting with the die set and cut it from white card to see how it all went together, I thought I would use my wink of Luna and colour the tools and my copics to colour the body. This was my first attempt and I ended up liking it a lot so I scrapped my idea to use metallic cardstock and went with what I had.

Of course once assembled it was too big for a standard A2 card so my handy trusty 6x6 cards came out to play. My original idea was a pocket from an old MFT set but it was too small, then I had the brainwave of making it like a front pocket, I used the jeans I was wearing to get the correct look and a circle die to draw around and bish bash bosh it was done. This makes it sound like it was quick, it wasn't lol.

I have left the knife loose inside the pocket so it can be removed, this card was a lot of work and I hope the recipient likes it too.

If you are still here, well done on sticking with my ramblings lol.


The Pocket Knife




Ingredients
Card: "enchanted evening" papertrey ink
Stamp: "denim" background from MFT
Dies : "utility die set - his" from Art Impressions

No comments: