Monday 24 August 2020

Rainbow Cupcakes

I was on a call with some crafty friends and I decided to stamp a cupcake to see what the layers would look like, I was going to just stamp one but as I had it set up in my misti I went for a rainbow.

The altenew inks made light work of the majority of the colours but I had to get creative with the colours I don't have a set for. I used my ink swatches and realised that they are woefully out of date and need a sort out but I still managed to get colours I am happy with.

Once they were all stamped I hand cut them and realised there were too many for a normal A2 so I went with the current trend and made a slimline card. I have to say I enjoyed this style and I think I might have to invest in a set of slimline dies.


Ingredients
Image and Sentiment : Layered Cupcake from Gina Marie Designs
Stencil: Sprinkles from Gina Marie Designs

Colours
Red - Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red and Grapevine all from Altenew
Orange - Summer Sunrise, orange zest, canyon clay and terracottaa tile all Papertrey Ink
Yellow - Citrus burst, Fresh Lemon, Maple Yellow, Honey Drizzle all from Altenew
Green -  Bamboo, Parrot, Olive and Moss all from Altenew
Aqua - Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake, Lagoon and Emerald all from Altenew
Blue - Memento Summer sky, papertrey ink blueberry sky and elegant evening and MFT nightshift blue
Purple - Wisteria, Hydrangea, Ultraviolet and Andromeda all from Altenew
Grey - Limestone, Silver Stone, Industrial Diamond and Pure Graphite all from Altenew
Brown - Sand Dune, Rocky Shore, Mocha and Expresso all from Altenew

1 comment:

Kathyk said...

Cracking job, they really DO look good enough to eat!

Happy Monday

Kathyk