Tuesday 20 September 2016

Beary Special Cake

In August Kay launched a challenge for the members of our playday Facebook group. We had recently taken part in the 30 day colouring challenge and we were feeling a little lost without the challenge of colouring each day so Kay decided we needed something else. This was the first challenge but I didn't want to post the card on my blog until the persons birthday had passed.

It was a bingo challenge and I chose "circles, dry embossing and punches" it seemed fairly simple at first but it wasn't. First of all I had a little difficulty getting the next level embossing folder through my ebosser, it took three attempts and lots of turning of the folder. Next was punches, I had a few martha stewart and a few ek success to try and they all seem to be working fine but its much more difficult than passing a die through lol, I'm pleased they still work though.

I very rarely make cards without having someone in mind although I do think I need to batch make more.



Ingredients
Image: Beary special bears from MFT
Paper: "snap" Simple Stories
Dies: Blueprints 1 and scalloped circle frames both MFT
Embossing folder: Basket weave from WRMK
Punch: Scalloped dot from EK success
Card: "Strawberry Slush" from Stampin Up (retired in colour)
Sentiment: "make a wish" MFT

Copics
Bear - E47, 44, 43, 42, 41
Cake - E53, 51, 50, Rv14, 13

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Just been sticky breaking on your blog. Beautiful cards, love your style. Off to join up through email, your newest follower.

Aileen said...

I have joined up through Blogger as you don't have email follow. Wish you did as Im more likely to see email than go to blogger, just a thought.