Wednesday 28 September 2016

Galaga Inspired

My hubby grew up in the emerging video game scene and one of his favourite games was galaga. I bought this stamp set just before the alley way decided to close, I am so glad I did as it was perfect. Ok so it's not authentic but it has the flavour of the game and that's what I was going for.

I knew the background needed to be black but I didn't fancy cutting each ship by hand so I white heat embossed on white card. To protect the images I used rubber cement, I wish I had done a thicker coat but it still worked out ok. Then I used black soot ink to create the background. Once it was dry, it was painful waiting but I knew if it wasn't dry when I removed the rubber cement it would contaminate the card underneath. I copic coloured the ships, I tried bright colours like the original game but I didn't copy them exactly, more an interpretation.

I hope my hubby likes it, even though he's not a card fan I wanted him to know I was thinking of him.



Ingredients
Image: "old skool" the alley way stamps (sadly closed)
Dies: blueprints 2
Ink: black soot distress ink

Copics
Red - R27
Blue - B24
Yellow - Y35
Green - YG23
Pink - RV09

No comments: