Wednesday 22 July 2020

Friends with Fins

I have been trying to use older stamp sets during the lockdown and this is one of those sets. I intended originally in just making the shark card but once i had made the background and decided on the design I realised I could cut the background into four and make four cards at once.

I wish I had kept the die in the horizontal orientation but they all still work ok.

The background used a technique that I learnt from Stephanie Klauck at an MFT retreat, I used alcohol ink cardstock and ink smooshed distress oxides onto it, drying between layers and once it was dry it was really chalky and dull, the magic happens when you add the distress glaze over the top and wipe off the excess, it brings all the layers to the top and makes it look like water.







Ingredients
Image: "friends with fins" from MFT stamps
Sentiment : from creative stamping
Dies: Rectangle peek a boo and a2 stitched rectangle stax both from MFT
Distress oxides: blueprint sketch, salty ocean, peacock feathers, tumbled glass and mermaid lagoon

No comments: