Thursday 4 February 2010

Cricut 60 card

My Mum asked me to make a card for her friends 60th birthday and to make the numbers as large as possible. I knew I had seen a lovely card like that on Zoe's blog so I decided to make one very similar. The lady loves red so I knew this would be the colour scheme. These cards are so addictive once you start and I have made a 70 for my Auntie who's birthday isn't til May, I know how organised am I, and for my friends 40th. I used the cricut to cut the numbers with the George & Basics cartridge.

I resisted buying a cricut for a few years because I thought the cartridge system would be really expensive and although they aren't cheap they contain loads of different elements. I was really lucky to be in Florida on thanksgiving and able to buy a cricut for a reasonable price to try but I must say I have used it so much since I would have gladly paid full price. My matting and layering has never been so neat.




Ingredients
Paper: Summertime Designs "Apples and Almonds"
Border: Cut with Martha Stewart Doily Punch
Ribbon & Gems : Stash

No comments: