Sunday 28 October 2012

Nordic Reindeer

Another hexagon christmas card albeit a very different look and colour scheme than the last one. I have used the new Pink Petticoat nordic reindeer in boutique blue and this colour matches perfectly the "Elegant Evening' Papertrey card stock.

I used the hexagon impression plate to cut the pp paper then inserted them back into the correct place and added the blue on top, I like this look and can see it being very versatile. It doesn't take very long and is in fact very therapeutic a bit like a jigsaw puzzle lol.

The baubles are stamped and embossed in silver although it looks gold on the photo, I was stuck for a way to stop them looking like they were hanging in mid air so used a peel off, can't believe this is the first time I have used one in years when they used to be used on every card.


Ingredients
Image: Papermania "Home for Christmas" Stamps
Sentiment: "Gingerbread Lane" Papertrey Ink
Papers: "Nordic Reindeer" Pink Petticoat
Cardstock: "Elegant Evening" Papertrey Ink

7 comments:

Di said...

Wow, another stunning hexagons card Amanda. Love the blues too. And the baubles are such a great touch - isn't it odd, I keep wondering whether to ditch my peel offs but something says 'No' - and this is a perfect example.

Clever you buying the dies when in the USA too :)

Hugs, Di xx

Anonymous said...

Ooh, lovely! Great background Amanda.
xx

coops said...

so stunning amanda.i love your background and fab baubles :D

xx coops xx

Hettie said...

Love love love this card Amanda. The hexagons (from the quilter part of me) and the blue reindeer paper is gorgeous. NEED that paper!
Well done.
xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Amanda, such a great design and love the colours :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

That is one fabby background and I love the embossing.

I was wrong about the Pink Petticoat trees on my card today. I managed to find them here

http://www.pinkpetticoat.co.uk/digi_stamps_boutique/digi_stamps_flirty_christmas_tree/flirty_christmas_tree.php

Love Jules xx

Kelly said...

Gorgeous Amanda x