Tuesday 30 October 2012

Tooth Fairy forgot me again...

Before I get to the cards I thought I would give you an update on my painful tooth, having not had a tooth removed since I was seven I thought it would be painful for a few days but quickly discovered that in the majority of cases the pain is gone by day three, so I found myself at the dentist again seven days later where he explained I had a severe infection that needed treating with antibiotics again. So i am sat here now on two strong courses of antibiotics, I had to miss my friends Hen Night as I wasn't well enough to go and I have been looking forward to it for months too. But I decided that sitting here feeling sorry for myself wasn't going to make me feel better so I tidied my craftroom, ok I cleared a space so I could get in and sit down.

I spent a lovely morning in my newly tidied craft room on Sunday making Christmas cards. I decided to try one layer cards and a quick and simple design and although the masking was a bit of a disaster I like the newer version more. All of these were made using one stamp set (home for christmas by Papermania) and five inks. I started with Papertrey inks in "simply chartreuse" and "scarlett jewel" and then progressed to "toffee crunch" and "teal zeal" from memento. I made 5 in total but decided to be organised and wrote them out and even sealed the envelopes all before I realised I hadn't taken any photos doh!!!.






Ingredients:
Images & Sentiments: "Home for Christmas" Papermania




11 comments:

kay said...

poor you amanda,hope the antibiotics help and well done for clearing some space in your craft room. I have those stamps too and they are fab,love your CAS cards,x

Annette said...

these are gorgeous Amanda. Hope your feeling much better and will be well enough for Sunday. It's been months since we've had a good natter. Big hugs Sandra x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous cards Amanda. Love the stamps and colours you've used. Hope you feel better soon hun xx Hugs, Lisa x

Flowergirl said...

These are gorgeous! Love the colours. Hope yourtoothis much better soon x
Wendy x

coops said...

so stunning amanda.gorgeous cas designs and i love the baubles :D

xx coops xx

Kelly said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Love these cards. They are stunning Amanda x

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

Well I hope your infection is settling down now!!

Well done on getting into your craft room and not feeling sorry for yourself .. .. I am well impressed that you did so many Christmas cards "and" wrote them!!!

Yes I am loving the new PP papers and like you I love the little cross stitch Christmas tree on the Cuddly Buddly one I found yesterday. I printed that out to use as well but my card was too busy with that on as well LOL!!!

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, you poor hen! I'm so sorry you missed your girls' night out! You must have a very high pain threshhold. I would have been back on day four, hour one! Sending best wishes that the infection beats a hasty retreat!

Even infected, you've made beautiful cards! I love how you've designed them and yummo on the colors!!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Amanda, you have my sympathy!! You must be in agony! I hope the infection clears up soon.

Your cards are gorgeous! I love the CAS design and the colour combinations are beautiful. Love them!
xx

Hettie said...

Oooo! Sorry to hear about your sore toothiepegs Honey! Hope you are feeling better very soon.
However, your cards are gorgeous. Love those stamps and the colours are great.
You are now on my side bar so I don't miss you again!
x

Donna said...

These are fantastic Amanda and perfect CAS designs for quick Christmas cards...very effective too :) Donna ♥ x